Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21

+2
-OY-
ramiejamie
6 posters

Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21 Empty Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:00 pm

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21

1)  Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”?

2)  Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed

3)  TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”?

4)  Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`?

5)  What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer?

6)  Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London?

7)  Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun?

8 )  Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model?

9)  Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics?

10)  History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917?

11)  From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come

12)  What does the abbreviation ‘Vic’ stand for on an Ordnance Survey map?

13)   Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits?

14)  In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’?

15)  Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’?

16)  TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name?

17)  Who had  a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’?

18)  Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System?

19)  Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin?

20)   History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990 1090?

21)  Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean?

22)  Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country?

23)  Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal?

24)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?

25)  ♪♫ They say that you're a runaround lover
Though you say it isn't so
But if you put me down for another
I'll know, believe me, I'll know ♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?  

[bTV ADVERTS BONUS QUESTIONS[/b]

BQ1)  What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”?

BQ2)  Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”?

BQ3)  What product does Gary Lineker advertise?

BQ4)  Which company said “It’s good to talk”?

BQ5)  What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..”

STINKER)  What is the meaning of of the Japanese word ‘Arigato’?

TRICKY)  What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings?

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 12 Nov 2021, 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

gassey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21

Post by -OY- Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:11 pm

1) Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”? - The Four Seasons

2) Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed - Northumberland

3) TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”? - Stars in thier eyes

4) Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`? Dunno

5) What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer? - Rishi Sunak

6) Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London? - Seafood

7) Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun? - Hydrogen and helium

8 ) Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model?  - Chevrolet

9) Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics? Dunno

10) History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917? - Russia

11) From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come - Oliver Twist

12) What does the abbreviation ‘Vic’ stand for on an Ordnance Survey map? Dunno

13) Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits? - Watership Down

14) In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’? - Dunno

15) Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’? - Motzart

16) TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name? - Robert

17) Who had a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’? - Chubby Checker

18) Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System? - Venus

19) Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin? - Violin

20) History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990? - Berlin Wall

21) Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean? - Dunno

22) Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country? - Chilie

23) Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal? - dunno

24) Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? - Arnold Schwarzenegger

25) ♪♫ They say that you're a runaround lover

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it? - Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes

BQ1) What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”? - SMASH

BQ2) Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”? - Turkish Delight

BQ3) What product does Gary Lineker advertise? - Walkers Crisps

BQ4) Which company said “It’s good to talk”? - BT

BQ5) What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..” CLUB

STINKER) What is the meaning of of the Japanese word ‘Arigato’? - Thank you

TRICKY) What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings?  - A Murmuration
-OY-
-OY-
gold

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21

Post by Lolly Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:17 pm

ramiejamie wrote: Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz 12-11-21

1)  Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”? Frankie Valley and the 4 seasons

2)  Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed...Northumberland

3)  TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”?...Stars in their eyes

4)  Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`?..Up the Kyber

5)  What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer?..dishy Rishy Sunak

6)  Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London?..Fish

7)  Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun?..Helium and Hydrogen

8 )  Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model?..Chev

9)  Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics?..track and field

10)  History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917?..Russia?

11)  From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come..Oliver

13)   Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits?

14)  In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’?..numer 8

15)  Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’?..Mozart

16)  TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name?

17)  Who had  a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’?..The Beatles

18)  Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System?..Mercury

19)  Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin?..Violin

20)   History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990?..Berlin Wall

21)  Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean?.. buttered

22)  Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country?..Brazil

23)  Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal?..The taming of the shrew

24)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?..Arny schw.....

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?  The night has a thousand eyes..Bobby Vee

BQ1)  What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”?..Smash

BQ2)  Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”?..Turkish delight yum

BQ3)  What product does Gary Lineker advertise?..Walkers crisps

BQ4)  Which company said “It’s good to talk”?..BT

BQ5)  What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..” Club

TRICKY)  What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings?..Murmation
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:18 pm

-OY- wrote:1) Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”? - The Four Seasons Tick

2) Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed - Northumberland Tick

3) TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”? - Stars in thier eyes Tick

4) Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`? Dunno

5) What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer? - Rishi Sunak Tick

6) Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London? - Seafood Tick

7) Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun? - Hydrogen and helium Tick

8 ) Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model?  - Chevrolet Tick

9) Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics? Dunno

10) History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917? - Russia Tick

11) From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come - Oliver Twist Tick

12) What does the abbreviation ‘Vic’ stand for on an Ordnance Survey map? Dunno

13) Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits? - Watership Down Tick

14) In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’? - Dunno

15) Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’? - Motzart Tick

16) TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name? - Robert Tick

17) Who had a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’? - Chubby Checker Tick

18) Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System? - Venus Tick

19) Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin? - Violin Tick

20) History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990? - Berlin Wall Tick

21) Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean? - Dunno

22) Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country? - Chilie Tick

23) Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal? - dunno

24) Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? - Arnold Schwarzenegger Tick

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it? - Bobby Vee - The Night Has A Thousand Eyes Tick

BQ1) What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”? - SMASH Tick

BQ2) Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”? - Turkish Delight Tick

BQ3) What product does Gary Lineker advertise? - Walkers Crisps Tick

BQ4) Which company said “It’s good to talk”? - BT Tick

BQ5) What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..” CLUB Tick

STINKER) What is the meaning of of the Japanese word ‘Arigato’? - Thank you Tick

TRICKY) What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings?  - A Murmuration Tick

A very good evening OY.
A really brilliant bit pf quizzing from you, very well played.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:22 pm

Lolly wrote:

1)  Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”?  Frankie Valley and the 4 seasons   Tick

2)  Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed...Northumberland  Tick

3)  TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”?...Stars in their eyes  Tick

4)  Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`?..Up the Kyber Tick

5)  What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer?..dishy Rishy Sunak  Tick

6)  Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London?..Fish  Tick

7)  Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun?..Helium and Hydrogen  Tick

8 )  Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model?..Chev  Tick

9)  Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics?..track and field  Tick

10)  History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917?..Russia?  Tick

11)  From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come..Oliver  Tick

14)  In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’?..numer 8  Tick

15)  Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’?..Mozart  Tick

17)  Who had  a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’?..The Beatles

18)  Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System?..Mercury  

19)  Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin?..Violin   Tick

20)   History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990?..Berlin Wall  Tick

21)  Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean?.. buttered  Tick

22)  Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country?..Brazil

23)  Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal?..The taming of the shrew   Tick

24)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?..Arny schw.....  Tick

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?  The night has a thousand eyes..Bobby Vee   Tick

BQ1)  What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”?..Smash  Tick

BQ2)  Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”?..Turkish delight yum  Tick

BQ3)  What product does Gary Lineker advertise?..Walkers crisps  Tick

BQ4)  Which company said “It’s good to talk”?..BT    Tick

BQ5)  What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..” Club  Tick

TRICKY)  What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings?..Murmation  Tick

Evening Lolly.
Absolutely super quizzing from you, very well quizzed.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Weatherwax Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:32 pm

1. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
2. Northumberland (At the moment! It has hopped from Scotland to England and vice versa more times than can be counted. Laughing Laughing )
3. Stars in Their Eyes
4. Carry On Up The Khyber
5. Rishi Sunak
6. Fish
7. Hydrogen and Helium
8. Chevrolete
10. Russia
11. Oliver
12. Vicarage
13. Watership Down
14. 8
15. Mozart
16. Robert
17. Chubby Checker
18. Venus
19. Violinist
20. The Berlin Wall ( But came down in 1989) If I am right.
21. With or In Butter
22. Chile
23. The Taming Of The Shrew
24. Arnold Swartzenager (Spellage)
25. Runaround Sue by Dion

Bonus Questions.
1. Smash
2. Fry's Turkish Delight
3. Walkers Crisps
4. BT
5. Club Chocolate Biscuits

Stinker:= Thank You
Tricky:= A Murmeration.
Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Back to top Go down

Post by gassey Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:32 pm

1)  Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”? FRANKIE VALI AND THE FOUR SEASONS

2)  Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed NORTHUMBERLAND

3)  TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”? STARS IN THEIR EYES

4)  Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`? CARRY ON UP THE KHYBER

5)  What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer? RISHI SUNAK

6)  Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London? FISH

7)  Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun? HYDROGEN/HELIUM

8 )  Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model? CHEVROLET

9)  Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics? HEPTATHLON

10)  History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917? RUSSIA

11)  From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come OLIVER

12)  What does the abbreviation ‘Vic’ stand for on an Ordnance Survey map? VICARAGE

13)   Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits? WATERSHIP DOWN

14)  In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’? NUMBER 8

15)  Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’? MOZART

16)  TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name? ROBERT

17)  Who had  a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’? CHUBBY CHECKER

18)  Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System? VENUS

19)  Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin? VIOLIN

20)   History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990? BERLIN WALL

21)  Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean? WELL DONE

22)  Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country? CHILE

23)  Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal? THE TAMING OF THE SHREW

24)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? SHWARZENEGGER

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it? THE NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES >>>>BOBBY VEE 

BQ1)  What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”? SMASH (MASHED POTATO MIX)

BQ2)  Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”? TURKISH DELIGHT

BQ3)  What product does Gary Lineker advertise? WALKERS CRISP

BQ4)  Which company said “It’s good to talk”? B.T

BQ5)  What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..” JOIN OUR.....CLUB

STINKER)  What is the meaning of of the Japanese word ‘Arigato’? TOMORROW

TRICKY)  What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings? MURMURATION
gassey
gassey
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:41 pm

Weatherwax wrote:1. Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons  Tick
2. Northumberland (At the moment! It has hopped from Scotland to England and vice versa more times than can be counted. Laughing Laughing )   Tick   Thumbs Up
3. Stars in Their Eyes  Tick
4. Carry On Up The Khyber  Tick
5. Rishi Sunak  Tick
6. Fish  Tick
7. Hydrogen and Helium  Tick
8. Chevrolete  Tick
10. Russia  Tick
11. Oliver  Tick
12. Vicarage   Tick
13. Watership Down Tick
14. 8  Tick
15. Mozart  Tick
16. Robert  Tick
17. Chubby Checker  Tick
18. Venus   Tick
19. Violinist  Tick
20. The Berlin Wall ( But came down in 1989) If I am right.   Tick You are absolutely correct WW, it did indeed come down in 1989, well done for correcting me.
21. With or In Butter  Tick
22. Chile  Tick
23. The Taming Of The Shrew  Tick
24. Arnold Swartzenager  (Spellage)   Tick
25. Runaround Sue  by  Dion

Bonus Questions.
1. Smash  Tick
2. Fry's Turkish Delight  Tick
3. Walkers Crisps  Tick
4. BT  Tick
5. Club Chocolate Biscuits  Tick

Stinker:= Thank You  Tick
Tricky:= A Murmeration.  Tick  

Evening Wedatherwax.
Another super dooper round of quizzing from you, very well played indeed.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri 12 Nov 2021, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:46 pm

1) Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”?
Frankie Valley 4 seasons
2) Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed Northumberland

3) TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”? Stars in their eyes

4) Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`? Carry on up the kyber

5) What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer? Rishi sunak

6) Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London? Fish 🐟

7) Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun? Helium hydrogen

8 ) Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model? Chevrolet

9) Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics? Heptathlon

10) History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917? Russia

11) From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come Oliver

12) What does the abbreviation ‘Vic’ stand for on an Ordnance Survey map? Vicarage

13) Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits? Watership down

14) In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’? 8

15) Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’? Mozart

16) TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name? Robert

17) Who had a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’? Chubby checker

18) Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System? Venus

19) Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin? Violin

20) History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990? Berlin Wall

21) Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean? With butter

22) Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country? Chile 🇨🇱

23) Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal? Taming of the shrew

24) Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? Arnold Schwarzenegger

Dion runaround sue

BQ1) What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”? Cadbury smash

BQ2) Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”? Turkish delight

BQ3) What product does Gary Lineker advertise? Walkers crisps

BQ4) Which company said “It’s good to talk”? B T

BQ5) What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..” join our club

STINKER) What is the meaning of of the Japanese word ‘Arigato’? Thanks

TRICKY) What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings? Murmuration

ramiejamie

Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:47 pm

Sorry I'm late, grandad duties called, thanks for another cracker Ray Thumbs Up
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:47 pm

gassey wrote:

1)  Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”?  FRANKIE VALI AND THE FOUR SEASONS Tick

2)  Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed  NORTHUMBERLAND Tick

3)  TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”?  STARS IN THEIR EYES Tick

4)  Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`?  CARRY ON UP THE KHYBER Tick

5)  What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer?  RISHI SUNAK Tick

6)  Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London?  FISH Tick

7)  Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun?   HYDROGEN/HELIUM Tick

8 )  Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model?  CHEVROLET Tick

9)  Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics?  HEPTATHLON Tick

10)  History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917?  RUSSIA Tick

11)  From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come  OLIVER Tick

12)  What does the abbreviation ‘Vic’ stand for on an Ordnance Survey map?  VICARAGE Tick

13)   Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits?  WATERSHIP DOWN Tick

14)  In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’?   NUMBER 8 Tick

15)  Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’?   MOZART Tick

16)  TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name?  ROBERT Tick

17)  Who had  a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’?  CHUBBY CHECKER Tick

18)  Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System?  VENUS Tick

19)  Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin?  VIOLIN Tick

20)   History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990?  BERLIN WALL Tick

21)  Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean?   WELL DONE

22)  Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country?  CHILE Tick

23)  Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal?  THE TAMING OF THE SHREW Tick

24)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?  SHWARZENEGGER Tick

What song are those the opening lines to, and who sang it?   THE NIGHT HAS A THOUSAND EYES >>>>BOBBY VEE Tick

BQ1)  What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”?  SMASH (MASHED POTATO MIX) Tick

BQ2)  Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”?   TURKISH DELIGHT Tick

BQ3)  What product does Gary Lineker advertise?   WALKERS CRISP Tick

BQ4)  Which company said “It’s good to talk”?   B.T Tick

BQ5)  What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..”  JOIN OUR.....CLUB Tick

STINKER)  What is the meaning of of the Japanese word ‘Arigato’?     TOMORROW

TRICKY)  What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings?  MURMURATION Tick

Evening Gassey.
A really brilliant piece of quizzing as ever, very well played.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:53 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:1) Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”?
Frankie Valley 4 seasons Tick

2) Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed Northumberland Tick

3) TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”? Stars in their eyes Tick

4) Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`?  Carry on up the kyber Tick

5) What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer? Rishi sunak Tick

6) Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London?  Fish 🐟 Tick

7) Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun? Helium hydrogen Tick

8 ) Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model? Chevrolet Tick

9) Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics? Heptathlon Tick

10) History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917? Russia Tick

11) From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come Oliver Tick

12) What does the abbreviation ‘Vic’ stand for on an Ordnance Survey map? Vicarage Tick

13) Literature, which 1972 novel by Richard Adams is about a group of rabbits? Watership down Tick

14) In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’?  8 Tick

15) Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’?  Mozart Tick

16) TV, what is the first name of the character Lewis in the TV series of the same name? Robert Tick

17) Who had a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’?  Chubby checker Tick

18) Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System? Venus Tick

19) Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin? Violin Tick

20) History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1990?  Berlin Wall Tick

21) Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean?  With butter Tick

22) Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country? Chile 🇨🇱 Tick

23) Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal? Taming of the shrew Tick

24) Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California? Arnold Schwarzenegger Tick

Dion runaround sue

BQ1) What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”? Cadbury smash Tick

BQ2) Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”? Turkish delight Tick

BQ3) What product does Gary Lineker advertise? Walkers crisps Tick

BQ4) Which company said “It’s good to talk”? B T Tick

BQ5) What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..” join our club Tick

STINKER) What is the meaning of of the Japanese word ‘Arigato’? Thanks Tick

TRICKY) What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings? Murmuration Tick

ramiejamie

Evening DF.
The usual totally brilliant quizzing from you, very well played indeed.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 8:57 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Sorry I'm late, grandad duties called, thanks for another cracker Ray Thumbs Up

Many thanks DF, no need to apologise for being late, it's important that you come on, you will always get marked.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:11 pm

Very well played to all the Wigan Peers quizzers..

Wigan Peers Friday Night Pub Quiz Answers 12-11-21

1)  Which group had a 1962 hit with “Big Girls Don’t Cry”?
Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons  

2)  Geography, in which county is Berwick-Upon-Tweed
        Northumberland  

3)  TV, which entertainment show featured the phrase, “Tonight Matthew, I’m going to be…….”?
          Stars in Their Eyes    

4)  Film, which of the Carry On films featured the `3rd Foot and Mouth Regiment`, the `Devils In Skirts`?
       Carry on up the Khyber  

5)  What is the name of the current UK Chancellor of the Exchequer?
Rishi Sunak was appointed Chancellor of the Exchequer on 13 February 2020.    

6)  Food and drink, what is sold at Billingsgate Market in London?
 Fish

7)  Science, what are the two main gasses that make up our Sun?
Hydrogen and Helium      

8 )  Which American car maker produces the ‘Corvette’ sports car model?
   Chevrolet  

9)  Sport, what event did Jessica Ennis-Hill win gold at the London 2012 Olympics?
 Heptathlon  

10)  History, which country was ruled by the Romanov dynasty from 1613 to 1917?
         Russia  

11)  From which Lionel Bart musical does the song ‘I’d Do Anything’ come
          Oliver  

Vicarage  

Watership Down

14)  In a game of bingo, what number is known as ‘The Garden Gate’?
         Eight

15)  Film, about which composer was the 1984 film ‘Amadeus’?
            Mozart  

Robbie / Robert    

17)  Who had  a 1961 hit with ‘Let’s Twist Again’?
       Chubby Checker  

18)  Science, which planet, the second from the Sun, is the hottest in our Solar System?
         Venus

19)  Classical music, with which musical instrument do we associate Sir Yehudi Menuhin?
          Violin  

20)   History, what controversial structure went up in 1961 and came down in 1989?
         The Berlin Wall  

21)  Food and drink, what does the French cooking term ‘au beurre’ mean?
      Cooked in butter    

22)  Geography, Santiago is the capital of what South American country?
    Chile  

23)  Literature, which play by Shakespeare contains the name of an animal?
      The Taming of the Shrew    

24)  Which Austrian actor, born 1947, went on to become Governor of California?
 Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Night  has a Thousand Eyes / Bobby Vee  

BQ1)  What food product was advertised with the phrase “They peel them with their metal knives”?
   Cadbury’s Smash

BQ2)  Which chocolate bar was advertise as being “full of Eastern promise”?
Fry’s Turkish Delight    

BQ3)  What product does Gary Lineker advertise?
 Walker’s Crisps  

BQ4)  Which company said “It’s good to talk”?
    BT  

BQ5)  What product was advertised as “If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit………..”
Club Chocolate Biscuit 

Thank you  

TRICKY)  What is the collective noun for a group of Starlings?
    Murmuration  
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:25 pm

Lets twist again, why did I post the Beatles.. I was thinking twist and shout Embarassed

Anyway thanks for an excellent quiz RMJ, you are a star Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Sat 13 Nov 2021, 12:55 pm

Lolly wrote:Lets twist again, why did I post the Beatles.. I was thinking twist and shout Embarassed

Anyway thanks for an excellent quiz RMJ, you are a star Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Been asleep all morning Lolly , sorry for late reply.
Many thanks, I can see your connection with The Beatles song, you had a great round last night,
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum