Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz 29-3-24

4 posters

Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz 29-3-24 Empty Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz 29-3-24

Post by ramiejamie Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 pm

A very good evening to you Wigan Peers quizzers.
It’s time for our big Friday quiz again, enjoy.
Come on you WP members, have a go, just answer as few or as many as you can.

1) Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’?

2) Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World?

3) TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse?

4) Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come?

5) Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate?

6) Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst?

7) Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have?

8 ) Literature, in which mythical land do the Hobbits live in JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ books?

9) Sport, which famous racehorse was kidnapped in February 1983 and never found?

10) Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train?

11) History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids?

12) Music, who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?

UNLUCKY 13) What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?

14) Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’?

15) Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz 29-3-24 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz 29-3-24

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 pm

ramiejamie wrote:A very good evening to you Wigan Peers quizzers.

1)  Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’? Temperance 7

2)  Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World? Florida

3)  TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse? John thaw

4)  Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come? Casablanca

5)  Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate?  Eating lots of Easter eggs 🥚

6)  Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst? Sausage

7)  Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have? 10

8 )  Literature, in which mythical land do the Hobbits live in JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ books? Hobbiton in the shire

9)  Sport, which famous racehorse was kidnapped in February 1983 and never found? Shergar

10)  Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train? Bullet train

11)  History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids? Barnes Wallis

12)  Music, who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?
Irving Berlin
UNLUCKY 13)  What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?   Wireless application protocol            

14)  Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’? Catalytic converter

15)  Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’. Turkish delight
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz 29-3-24 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz 29-3-24

Post by Duckyfuzz Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:06 pm

Well that's me Friday evening started, cheers Ray 🍻
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:07 pm

1)  Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’? Temperance seven

2)  Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World? ..Florida

3)  TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse?..John Thaw

4)  Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come?..Casablanca

5)  Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate?  Jesus rising from the dead

6)  Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst? Sausage

7)  Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have?..Ten

8 )  Literature, in which mythical land do the Hobbits live in JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ books?

9)  Sport, which famous racehorse was kidnapped in February 1983 and never found?..Shergar

10)  Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train? The Bullit ?

11)  History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids?..Barnes Wallis

12)  Music, who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?..Irvin Berlin

UNLUCKY 13)  What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?   ..Wireless appl protocol               

14)  Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’?..Catalitic converter

15)  Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’...Turkish delight yummmm
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:

1)  Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’? Temperance 7  Tick

2)  Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World? Florida   Tick

3)  TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse? John thaw   Tick

4)  Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come? Casablanca   Tick

5)  Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate?  Eating lots of Easter eggs 🥚  Probably  Very Happy

6)  Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst? Sausage  Tick

7)  Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have? 10  Tick

8 )  Literature, in which mythical land do the Hobbits live in JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ books?  Hobbiton in the shire   Tick  A tick, that's a good answer but I wanted the 'mythical land'

9)  Sport, which famous racehorse was kidnapped in February 1983 and never found? Shergar  Tick

10)  Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train? Bullet train steam train

11)  History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids? Barnes Wallis  Tick

12)  Music, who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?
Irving Berlin  Tick

UNLUCKY 13)  What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?   Wireless application protocol    Tick     

14)  Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’? Catalytic converter Tick

15)  Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’. Turkish delight Tick  

A very good evening to you Duckfuzz.
Totally brilliant quizzing and you never fail to amaze at the time it takes, you, very well played.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:14 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Well that's me Friday evening started, cheers Ray 🍻

Thank you DF, get some in, you deserve it Thumbs Up
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:19 pm

Lolly wrote:

1)  Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’? Temperance seven  Tick

2)  Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World? ..Florida  Tick

3)  TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse?..John Thaw  Tick

4)  Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come?..Casablanca  Tick

5)  Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate?  Jesus rising from the dead  Tick

6)  Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst?  Sausage  Tick

7)  Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have?..Ten  Tick

8 )  Literature, in which mythical land do the Hobbits live in JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ books?

9)  Sport, which famous racehorkidnapped in February 1983 and never found?..   Shergar  Tick

10)  Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train? The Bullit ? Steam train

11)  History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids?..Barnes Wallis   Tick

12)  Music, who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?..Irvin Berlin  Tick

UNLUCKY 13)  What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?   ..Wireless appl protocol    Tick      

14)  Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’?..Catalitic converter  Tick
Tick
15)  Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’...Turkish delight yummmm   Tick

A very good evening to you Lolly.
Amazing quizzing as ever and as ever in unbelievable time, well done you.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommytee Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 pm

1)  Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’? tenpence seven

2)  Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World? florida

3)  TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse? j thaw

4)  Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come? casablanca

5)  Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate? jesus waking from the dead 

6)  Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst? sausage

7)  Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have? ten

9)  Sport, which famous racehorse was kidnapped in February 1983 and never found? shegar

10)  Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train? bullet

11)  History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids? b wallis

UNLUCKY 13)  What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?                  

14)  Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’? cat converter

15)  Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’.

Tommytee
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:03 pm

Tommytee wrote:

1)  Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’? tenpence seven Tick

2)  Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World? florida Tick

3)  TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse? j thaw Tick

4)  Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come? casablanca Tick

5)  Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate?  jesus waking from the dead  Tick

6)  Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst?  sausage Tick

7)  Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have? ten Tick

9)  Sport, which famous racehorse was kidnapped in February 1983 and never found? shegar Tick

10)  Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train? bullet

11)  History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids? b wallis Tick

UNLUCKY 13)  What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?                  

14)  Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’? cat converter Tick

15)  Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’.

A very good evening to you Tommytee.
Really excellent quizzing tonight from you, well played.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:30 pm

I think all the regulars have been on now.
Very well played tonight you Wigan Peers quizzers.

Wigan Peers Friday Night Super Pub Quiz Answers 29-3-24

1) Pop, which jazz band had a 1961 hit with ‘You’re Driving Me Crazy’?
The Temperence Seven

2) Geography, in which American State can you find Walt Disney World?
Florida

3) TV, which actor portrayed Inspector Morse?
John Thaw

4) Film, from what 1942 romantic drama does the quote “Here’s looking at you kid” come?
Casablanca

5) Trivia, what event does Easter Sunday celebrate?
The resurrection of Christ

6) Food and drink, what type of food is a Bratwurst?
Sausage

7) Science, how many sides does the geometric figure a Decagon have?
Ten

8 ) Literature, in which mythical land do the Hobbits live in JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Lord of the Rings’ books?
Middle Earth

9) Sport, which famous racehorse was kidnapped in February 1983 and never found?
Shergar

10) Trivia, what was the World’s fastest steam train?
The Mallard.
For just a couple of minutes the locomotive thundered along at speeds of 126 miles per hour on a stretch of track just south of Grantham

11) History, which engineer invented the bouncing bomb that damaged the Möhne and Eder Dams in the ‘Dambusters’ raids?
Barnes Wallace

12) Music, who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?
Irving Berlin

UNLUCKY 13) What does the acronym ‘WAP’ stand for in mobile phone technology?
Wireless Application Protocol

14) Car, in terms of car technology, what is a ‘CAT’?
Catalytic Converter

15) Trivia, name the chocolate bar that was ‘Full of Eastern promise’.
Fry’s Turkish Delight

ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum