Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 3-4-24

4 posters

Go down

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 3-4-24 Empty Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 3-4-24

Post by ramiejamie Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:00 pm

I'm having a lot of problems with my internet tonight so I may not be able to mark the quiz, I'll do my best to do it.

A very good evening to you Wigan Peers quizzers.
Time for some midweek teasers to test your knowledge.

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘?

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark?

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’?

4)  Film, “Well, nobody's perfect" is the final line (and punchline) from what classic 1959 comedy starring Marylin Munroe?

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998?

6)  Food and drink, which traditional dessert (think posh Public School) is made from strawberries, broken meringue and cream?

7)  Science, animals that eat both plants and meat are called what ‘O’ word?

8 )  Literature, from a novel by Jules Verne, which character travelled “Around the World in Eighty Days” with his servant Passe Partout?

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park?

10)  Trivia, what is the name of the tool used with a mortar to grind substances?
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold
proudly made in Wigan goldaward

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 3-4-24 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 3-4-24

Post by Duckyfuzz Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:04 pm

ramiejamie wrote:I'm having a lot of problems with my internet tonight so I may not be able to mark the quiz, I'll do my best to do it.

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘? Queen 👸

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark? Central Park

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’? Victoria Wood

4)  Film, “Well, nobody's perfect" is the final line (and punchline) from what classic 1959 comedy starring Marylin Munroe? Some like it hot

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998? Good Friday agreement

6)  Food and drink, which traditional dessert (think posh Public School) is made from strawberries, broken meringue and cream? Eton mess

7)  Science, animals that eat both plants and meat are called what ‘O’ word? Omnivore

8 )  Literature, from a novel by Jules Verne, which character travelled “Around the World in Eighty Days” with his servant Passe Partout? Philieas fog

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park? Crystal Palace 🔮

10)  Trivia, what is the name of the tool used with a mortar to grind substances?
pastel
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 3-4-24 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 3-4-24

Post by Duckyfuzz Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:04 pm

Few head scratches tonight Ray
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:06 pm

ramiejamie wrote:I'm having a lot of problems with my internet tonight so I may not be able to mark the quiz, I'll do my best to do it.

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘?..Queen?

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark?..Central

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’?...Vic Wood

4)  Film, “Well, nobody's perfect" is the final line (and punchline) from what classic 1959 comedy starring Marylin Munroe?..Some like it hot

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998?..Good fri agreement

6)  Food and drink, which traditional dessert (think posh Public School) is made from strawberries, broken meringue and cream? Pavlova

7)  Science, animals that eat both plants and meat are called what ‘O’ word?..Omnivore

8 )  Literature, from a novel by Jules Verne, which character travelled “Around the World in Eighty Days” with his servant Passe Partout?
Phileas Fogg

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park?

..Pestil
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:10 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘? Queen Tick 👸

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark? Central Park Tick

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’? Victoria Wood Tick

4)  Film, “Well, nobody's perfect" is the final line (and punchline) from what classic 1959 comedy starring Marylin Munroe? Some like it hot Tick

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998? Good Friday agreement Tick

6)  Food and drink, which traditional dessert (think posh Public School) is made from strawberries, broken meringue and cream? Eton mess Tick

7)  Science, animals that eat both plants and meat are called what ‘O’ word? Omnivore Tick

8 )  Literature, from a novel by Jules Verne, which character travelled “Around the World in Eighty Days” with his servant Passe Partout? Philieas fog Tick

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park? Crystal Palace Tick 🔮

pastel Tick

A very good evening to you Duckfuzz.
A totally perfect full house, what else LOL Very Happy , in a time that is mesmerising, very well quizzed indeed.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:12 pm

Duckyfuzz wrote:Few head scratches tonight Ray

I'm sure they weren't for you DF LOL. what a quizzer Thumbs Up
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:15 pm

Lolly wrote:

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘?..Queen?  Tick

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark?..Central  Tick

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’?...Vic Wood  Tick

4)  Film, “Well, nobody's perfect" is the final line (and punchline) from what classic 1959 comedy starring Marylin  Tick Munroe?..Some like it hot

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998?..Good fri agreement  Tick

6)  Food and drink, which traditional dessert (think posh Public School) is made from strawberries, broken meringue and cream? Pavlova

7)  Science, animals that eat both plants and meat are called what ‘O’ word?..Omnivore  Tick

Phileas Fogg  Tick

..Pestil   Tick  

A very good evening to you Lolly.
Really super dooper quizzing as ever from you, in just unbelievable time, I don't know how you do it, well done.
Lolly, how on earth did you not get the food nand drink?, very unlike you.

Last edited by ramiejamie on Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:18 pm

I made a right mess of number 6. Why oh why did I put pavlova Sad
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:22 pm

Lolly wrote:I made a right mess of number 6.  Why oh why did I put pavlova Sad

I edited your opening post Lolly, to ask that very question, especially since I gave a hint of of "think posh public school".
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommytee Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:42 pm

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘? queen

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark? central park

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’?. Victory woods

4)  Film, “Well, nobody's perfect" is the final line (and punchline) from what classic 1959 comedy starring Marylin Munroe?

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998? good fri agreement

6)  Food and drink, which traditional dessert (think posh Public School) is made from strawberries, broken meringue and cream?

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park? cristal palace

trowel

Tommytee
Bronze

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Wed 03 Apr 2024, 8:45 pm

Tommytee wrote:

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘? queen Tick

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark? central park Tick

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’?. Victory woods Tick

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998? good fri agreement Tick

9)  Sport, which Premiership football team play their home matches at Selhurst Park? cristal palace Tick

trowel

A very good evening to you Tommytee.
Really excellent quizzing from you tonight, very well played indeed.
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ramiejamie Wed 03 Apr 2024, 10:15 pm

I hope I can post these answers, don’t get B soddin’ T internet folks !!!!!!
If they won’t post I’ll post them tomorrow.
Very well played tonight you Wigan Peers quizzers.

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz Answers 3-4-24

1)  Pop, who had a 1979 hit with ‘Don't Stop Me Now‘?
Queen

2)  Geography, what is the name of the rectangular park in New York City that is a famous landmark?
Central Park

3)  TV, who wrote, co-produced and played the character Bren in the comedy sitcom ‘Dinnerladies’?
Victoria Wood

Some like it Hot

5)  History, ‘The Troubles’ in Northern Ireland were brought to an end by the signing of what document in 1998?
The Good Friday Agreement also known as The Belfast Agreement

Eton Mess

Omnivores

Phileas Fogg

Crystal Palace

Pestle
ramiejamie
ramiejamie
gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum