Wigan Peers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 24-4-24

3 posters

Go down

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 24-4-24 Empty Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 24-4-24

Post by Lolly Wed 24 Apr 2024, 8:00 pm

Ray isn't available tonight so it yours truly standing in. I haven't got the answers so I can have a go. Answers later or tomorrow.  No marking

1) Pop, who had a 1966 hit with “The more I see you”?

2) Geography, in what European Capital city would you find ‘The Little Mermaid’ statue?

3) TV. “Let's be careful out there” was a phrase from which US Police TV show?

4) Film, which actress starred as the title character in the “Bridget Jones’ Diary”? Films?

5) History, Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison for leading which apartheid-opposing group?

6) Food and drink, Orange Pekoe and Oolong are types of what?

7) Science, The ‘Stirrup’, the smallest bone in humans, is found in which part of the body?

8 ) Literature, what dystopian novel by George Orwell told of life in a future totalitarian state dominated by “Big Brother”?

9) Sport, at which football stadium would you find ‘The Shankly Gates’?

10) Trivia, what King from ancient Greek Mythology turned everything he touched into gold?
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum
Proudly made in Wigan platinum award

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 24-4-24 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 24-4-24

Post by Lolly Wed 24 Apr 2024, 8:03 pm

Lolly wrote:Ray isn't available tonight so it yours truly standing in. I haven't got the answers so I can have a go. Answers later or tomorrow.  No marking

2) Geography, in what European Capital city would you find ‘The Little Mermaid’ statue?..Copenhagen

3) TV. “Let's be careful out there” was a phrase from which US Police TV show?..Hill Street Blues

4) Film, which actress starred as the title character in the “Bridget Jones’ Diary”? Films? Rene Zelweger

5) History, Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison for leading which apartheid-opposing group?..ANC

6) Food and drink, Orange Pekoe and Oolong are types of what?..Tea

7) Science, The ‘Stirrup’, the smallest bone in humans, is found in which part of the body? Ear

8 ) Literature, what dystopian novel by George Orwell told of life in a future totalitarian state dominated by “Big Brother”?..1984

10) Trivia, what King from ancient Greek Mythology turned everything he touched into gold?
..Midas
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 24-4-24 Empty Re: Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz 24-4-24

Post by Duckyfuzz Wed 24 Apr 2024, 8:04 pm

Lolly wrote:Ray isn't available tonight so it yours truly standing in. I haven't got the answers so I can have a go. Answers later or tomorrow.  No marking

1) Pop, who had a 1966 hit with “The more I see you”? Chris montez

2) Geography, in what European Capital city would you find ‘The Little Mermaid’ statue? Copenhagen

3) TV. “Let's be careful out there” was a phrase from which US Police TV show? Hill Street blues

4) Film, which actress starred as the title character in the “Bridget Jones’ Diary”? Films? Renée Zellweger

5) History, Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison for leading which apartheid-opposing group? ANC

6) Food and drink, Orange Pekoe and Oolong are types of what? Tea

7) Science, The ‘Stirrup’, the smallest bone in humans, is found in which part of the body? Ear

8 ) Literature, what dystopian novel by George Orwell told of life in a future totalitarian state dominated by “Big Brother”? 1984

9) Sport, at which football stadium would you find ‘The Shankly Gates’? Annfield

midas
Duckyfuzz
Duckyfuzz
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommytee Wed 24 Apr 2024, 8:14 pm

1) Pop, who had a 1966 hit with “The more I see you”? c montez

2) Geography, in what European Capital city would you find ‘The Little Mermaid’ statue? copenhagen

3) TV. “Let's be careful out there” was a phrase from which US Police TV show? hill st blues

4) Film, which actress starred as the title character in the “Bridget Jones’ Diary”? Films? renny zelwegs

5) History, Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in prison for leading which apartheid-opposing group?

6) Food and drink, Orange Pekoe and Oolong are types of what? tea

7) Science, The ‘Stirrup’, the smallest bone in humans, is found in which part of the body? earole

8 ) Literature, what dystopian novel by George Orwell told of life in a future totalitarian state dominated by “Big Brother”?

9) Sport, at which football stadium would you find ‘The Shankly Gates’? anfield

midas

Tommytee
Bronze
Proudly made in Wigan bronze award

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Wed 24 Apr 2024, 10:33 pm

Has everyone had a go? I've no answers yet, maybe Ray will give them to me later or tomorrow.
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Thu 25 Apr 2024, 10:28 am

Wigan Peers Midweek Super Ten Quiz Answers 24-4-24

Chris Montez

2) Geography, in what European Capital city would you find ‘The Little Mermaid’ statue?
Copenhagen

3) TV. “Let's be careful out there” was a phrase from which US Police TV show?
Hill Street Blues

4) Film, which actress starred as the title character in the “Bridget Jones’ Diary”? Films?
Renee Zellweger

ANC / African National Congress

6) Food and drink, Orange Pekoe and Oolong are types of what?
Tea

7) Science, The ‘Stirrup’, the smallest bone in humans, is found in which part of the body?
Ear
The smallest bone in the body is a bone found inside your ear.
There are three tiny bones: the stapes, the incus, and the malleus.
Together, they are called the ossicles.
The smallest of these is the stapes, which is also called the 'stirrup' due to its shape

Nineteen Eighty-Four

Anfield, Liverpool

King Midas
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolly Thu 25 Apr 2024, 11:01 am

Thanks for the quiz Ray. Thumbs Up
Lolly
Lolly
Platinum

ramiejamie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum